Clerk's Office FAQ

Open Government/Budget
Document Center
Agendas and Minutes

Clerk Department FAQ's

How and where can I register to vote?

Register to vote at the Clerk’s Office at the Township Offices or at any Michigan Secretary of State Office. If you have been registered in another city, bring your previous voter registration card when you come to register. Proof of current residency is required. Absentee ballots can be mailed to residents who make a written request in person or by mail. Call the Clerk’s Office for information at (734) 354-3228.

What if I change my name?

If you have legally changed your name you can change it at any Secretary of State Branch Office. You will be required to re-register to vote and sign the application with your new name.

When are the upcoming elections in Plymouth Township?

State of Michigan Election Law requires that you must register to vote at least 30 days prior to an election to be eligible to vote in that election. Please refer to the following election dates and registration deadlines.

Click here to view the upcoming election schedule.

How can I help with the elections?

There is always a need for election inspectors. Please go to the Forms and Permits page to print the application, complete it, then mail it or drop it off at our office. Anyone who is registered to vote and lives in the State of Michigan is eligible to work as an Election Inspector. The pay for the day is $165.00. To find out more, please call our office at (734) 354-3228.

What is the difference between a primary election and a general election?

In a Primary Election a ballot cannot be split between parties. If you cross over and vote for more than one party, your ballot will be invalid. In a general election, you can vote for members of the same party, or you may cross over and vote for any candidate in any party.

How can I get assistance in voting?

Any voter who needs assistance due to a physical disability or an inability to read or write may be given assistance. This person must be chosen by the Voter and cannot be an employer, an officer of the voter’s union, or an Agent of the voter’s union. At the precinct, two election inspectors representing different political parties will provide assistance if asked.