Plymouth Township offers curbside collection to all single-family residences and many apartments and condominiums within its borders. There are a few general rules that apply to the curbside collection:
All items must be to the curb by 7:00 am the day of your collection and no earlier than 6:00 pm the night before.
If you use containers they must be made of plastic, metal or fiberglass with sturdy handles and have a capacity greater than 20 gallons but less than 35 gallons.
The weight of any container or bag that is put to curb cannot exceed 50 pounds.
- Click here for our curbside etiquette flyer.
Why 35-gallon or less?
An increased use of the larger size containers over the years has led to increases in the number of injuries to workers and, as a result, waste haulers throughout SE Michigan have stopped collecting the larger size cans.
- Furniture - sofas, loveseats, chairs, tables, bed frames, mattresses and box springs. Please contact Furniture Bank of Southeastern Michigan at https://www.furniture-bank.org or call 248-332-1300 to donate used furniture and keep it out of the landfill.
- Bathtubs, sinks and toilets
- Appliances - refrigerators with DOORS REMOVED, stoves, dishwashers and washers/dryers. Some appliances are accepted at GLR Advanced in Livonia, please contact them directly at 734-266-2700 to keep appliances out of the landfill.
- Carpeting in three (3) foot rolls, taped or tied, weighing less than 50 pounds per roll.
Wood debris (including decking) will be collected curbside with trash. NO NAILS OR SCREWS and all pieces must be cut in 3 foot lengths and tied in bundles not weighing more than 50 lbs.
Please keep in mind GFL offers a weekly household trash collection service. Multiple bulk items or "large" piles of trash may require a special collection which will include a fee.
Construction debris is NOT collected curbside. If you are planning a renovation, please get a dumpster.
Please call the Solid Waste Department at 734-414-1452 if you have any questions regarding what items will be accepted curbside.
Examples of items not accepted curbside include, but are not limited to:
Tires (not accepted at the landfill)
For items not accepted curbside you may take your waste to a licensed sanitary landfill. The closest facility is Arbor Hills facility located on Six Mile and Napier Roads in Salem Township. Please call first for directions and costs: Arbor Hills (248) 793-5610. For a list of local businesses that may accept some of these items please click here.